What if my ex tries to move the kids out of Kansas?

It depends on the custody arrangement. Generally, the parent with residential custody is required to give written notice at least 30 days prior to changing the residence of the child or taking the child out of state for longer than 90 days. The failure to do so is an indirect civil contempt punishable as provided by law. Additionally, the court may award attorney fees and expenses incurred by reason of the failure to give notice.